[squid-users] Propagation of HTCP CLR command to cache peers

From: Dan Trainor <dan.trainor_at_beatport.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:50:59 -0600

Hi, all -

I'm doing some testing when trying to clear individual objects from the
cache, and came up with a few questions that I have not been able to
figure out based on my research.

I'm essentially trying to get those HTCP CLR commands to propagate to
other cache_peer hosts.

As I understand it so far, the only way to relay these messages would be
to enable all cache peers as multicast peers, which after me sending the
HTCP CLR command to one peer, would then relay that message to the
multicast members.

Since I cannot confirm this, I need to ask - is that how it works? Am I
looking at it from the right angle?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
-dant