[squid-users] rpc over http problems

From: Alan Lehman <alehman_at_gbutler.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:48:34 -0500

I'm trying to get squid-3.0-STABLE5 working as an accelerator with
unencrypted traffic to the Exchange back-end.
Starting with
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndRPCOverHttp, I
obtained a certificate for rpc.xyz.com from godaddy. I then modified the
config to look like this:

cache_peer ip_of_exchange parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS
ssl sslcert=/usr/share/ssl/rpc.pem name=exchange_rpc

OL will not connect and nothing shows up in access.log. Running tcpdump
on the external port on the squid box, I do see incoming connection
attempts but nothing is passed to the exchange server.

I've been struggling with this for a while. Any help would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan Lehman
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Creating Remarkable Solutions
for a Higher Quality of Life

Alan Lehman, P.E.
Electrical/Critical Facilities Group
One Renner Ridge
9801 Renner Boulevard
Lenexa, KS 66219-9745
T. 913.577.8829
M. 816.210.8785
F. 913.577.8264
alehman_at_gbutler.com
www.gbutler.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.