[squid-users] cache manager access

From: cc <cc_at_belfordhk.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:58:19 +0800

Hi,

I have "Squid: The Definitive guide" and have installed
v2.6STABLE 16 installed.

I'm *quite* confused as to how to access the cache-manager.
The book has the following:
    Cache Host: localhost
    Cache Port: 3128
    Manager Name:
    Password:

<continue>

Whereas the new version has:

    Cache Server: localhost:3128
    Cache Host:
    Cache Port:
    Manager Name:
    Password:

<continue>

What is the difference between Cache Server and Cache
host?

Anyway, I've set the Cache Server to the server which
has Squid running. Cache host the same value. Port
3128.

I enter the manager name, and then the password.

I click Continue.

I'm then given the following page:

Security Hazard
    Access to cache_object://system/ is not permitted.

Due to security issues, access to this site has been reevoked
until further notice.

Your cache administrator is the webmaster.

I don't remember the last time I tried doing this,
but I do recall also having trouble figuring this out.
But I don't recall having this security hazard message
shown.

According to the squid.conf, I have:

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow manager admin_sys
http_access allow manager system
http_access deny manager !admin_sys !system

Am I missing something else?

Any help appreciated.

Ed