Re: [squid-users] squid 2.6, wccp and tproxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 00:12:23 +1200

Ritter, Nicholas wrote:
> In websense the client IP addresses that show up are those of the squid boxes I have deployed. Websense does not utilize, as far as I know, the x-forwarded-for header.
>
> The doc on squid-cache.org about how to setup TPROXY with squid is a bit out of date because the latest version of tproxy uses the mangle table and not a tproxy table.

The docs as far as we know are correct for all current releases of Squid.
Unpatched Squid up to 3.1 still require TPROXY v2.2, so far only
3-HEAD/3.1 has proper integrated support for TPROXY v4+

If you have any updates for the wiki regarding the TPROXYv4 configs for
when 3.1 is released, please point out the variations.

Amos