RE: [squid-users] squid 2.6, wccp and tproxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:05:36 +1200 (NZST)

> That is interesting to note, and part of where my problem lies. Given
> the way the files are marked on the balabit site, I would not have known
> of the support versions and differences. I just downloaded the patches
> for the versions of squid, iptables, and kernel I was using.

So you have the Balabit 2.6s18 patch mentioned at
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/TproxyUpdate

> During the setup of the software, so far anyway, I have not seen ways to
> specify the version of Tproxy, etc. The initial tproxy README file I was
> using must have been an older version because it didn't use the
> difference in iptables table names that the newer README mentions, and
> that someone was gracious enough to point out to me on the TPROXY
> listserv.

It's a little bit tricky at present, Balabit no longer support v2.2 and I
don't know if/where one would get the necessary patches.

Squid-2 performs detection at configure time with --enable-tproxy to see
if its supported tproxy method is available, disabling tproxy support and
warns if its not. The configure log I believe should tell you if it was
successful or failed.

Unless you able to use the old version, I don't think it will succeed
though. You may need to migrate to 3-HEAD, its beta testing code, but
stable enough for light use.

Amos