Re: [squid-users] cache manager access

From: cc <cc_at_belfordhk.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:21:23 +0800

Chris Robertson wrote:
> cc wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have "Squid: The Definitive guide" and have installed
>> v2.6STABLE 16 installed.
>>
>> I'm *quite* confused as to how to access the cache-manager.
>> The book has the following:
>> Cache Host: localhost
>> Cache Port: 3128
>> Manager Name:
>> Password:
>>
>> <continue>
>>
>> Whereas the new version has:
>>
>> Cache Server: localhost:3128
>> Cache Host:
>> Cache Port:
>> Manager Name:
>> Password:
>>
>> <continue>
>>
>> What is the difference between Cache Server and Cache
>> host?
>>

> The cachemgr.cgi included with 2.6 has its own config file
> (cachemgr.conf, stored in the same directory as the squid.conf file).
> In this config file you can specify which Squid caches the CGI is
> allowed to query. If you want the functionality of the old version, a
> cachemgr.conf containing the string *:* (asterix colon asterix) will
> give you the option of specifying the host and port.

I've set it to *:*, and visually, the form looks just
like the old version. However, when I enter the manager's
password, it still gives me an Error Access Denied.

Is there some configuration option that I've forgotten about?
I've looked at all the options and aside for the 'manager name',
which I've assumed to be cachemgr, and the password, I can't find
anything else.

Any help appreciated.

Ed