Re: [squid-users] cache only certain files?

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:14:46 +0200

>> CacheEnable disk /these/pages
>> CacheEnable disk /those/pages/there
>
> acl cachable_pages urlpath_regex ^/these/pages
> acl cachable_pages urlpath_regex ^/these/other/pages
> cache allow cachable_pages

yep, that would do it!

> But the content must also be cachable for this to have any effect at
> all. The default is "cache allow all" which enables caching of all
> cachable content.

The app is a bit stupid now (not the original codebase, what was added
after), and it's either all or nothing. Which is the problem... but
yes, it definitely sends the all the right headers for caching, even
when it shouldn't (which is the problem!).

> If you also need to work around server responses which is indicated not
> cachable then you need to play a bit with the refresh_pattern directive
> to override what the server says, or fix the application to return good
> Cache-Control headers.

... I guess I was just a bit confused with the allow - I had some
problems with it simply denying access (not forwarding)... again the
problem being I don't work enough with reverse proxy caching on *nix
get pass the minimum level to get comfortable. I just discovered a
particularly nasty bug that has existed since in mod_cache since
apache 2.0.52 and nobody seems to care about (aptmp* files not getting
cleaned in the cache dir), so might just switch back!
Thanks for all your help.
Anton

--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc
This will help you for 99.9% of your problems ...