Re: [squid-users] Youtube and other streaming media (caching)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:26:00 +1200 (NZST)

> Amos and group,
>
> Thanks your answers! :-)
>
> Does anyboyd know how can I reserve 4 MB bandwith of 16 MB link
> internet only to my users access youtube sites?
>
> I use FreeBSD 7.0 and squid 3.0-STABLE5.

Sounds to me like an issue for QoS and the ZPH patch to Squid.

The ZPH patch for 3.0 was withdrawn only due to policy reasons, and can be
found at:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/changesets/b8770.patch
It has not been extensively tested. There should not be any kernel patches
needed for what you want to do, just configuring the outbound QoS marker
on outbound youtube requests (dstdomain .youtube.com).

Amos