Re: [squid-users] Squid as Reverse Proxy - Backend Server Issues

From: howard chen <howachen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 23:53:25 +0800

Hi

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> It's generally a lot better if you make the web server send the proper
> headers than trying to tweak things using refresh_pattern. Proper
> headers works for all, refresh_pattern just for your Squid..

I have much clear concepts now, thanks.

My remaining problem is related to those files which do not have
expire set from backend (only LM begin set)

1. I found that if a file only has LM being sent out, the browser
seems to cache the file forever and won't request the server until you
press F5, is it true?

2. Squid will not cache for a file if expire has not been set, is it true?

3. The prioiry of client sending cache-control, max-age=0 is higher
than IMS and must force contacting the backend to refresh (i.e. not
304 but 200).

Thanks again.

Howard