[squid-users] How to not cache a site?

From: Jerome Yanga <jyanga_at_esri.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:48:30 -0700

I have the following in my site_address.conf file.

  ExpiresDefault A0
  Header set Cache-Control "no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0"
  Header set Pragma "no-cache"

However, this does not seem to work as whenever I perform a purge of the cache, I still see stuff being deleted.  I have been searching the web and I found the no_cache directive.  I also found out that this directive is added into the squid.conf.  I cannot seem to find proper syntax definition for this directive.  I can only find examples which may not work for me.  Hence, I am posting a message for the first time.  Yes.  I am a noob.  Please be nice to me.  ☺

Nevertheless, given the following information, how do I use this directive?

Site:  www.site_address.com

If I wanted to just make not cache a folder in this site, how would the syntax look?

Site & Folder:  www.site_address.com/help/

Please provide a syntax for each question.

By the way, if I am going about “no cache” the wrong way, please also indicate.  ☺

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Jyanga