Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.6 Access Log Not showing access to websites

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:18:45 +0530

>> On squid box, there is a utility Guarddog used for port forwarding. So
>> it forward all traffic on port 80 to Squid port 3128.
>
> I'd say your problem is here. You have port forwarded port 80 on the
> server itself to port 3128 on the server itself. Same as configuring
> Squid to listen on port 80 directly.

I think Henrik is right. Pls do not uer suc a GUI tool. pls input
iptables command by hand.

> What you need is a rule which intercepts (NAT:s)any outgoing traffic to
> port 80 on servers out on the Internet and redirect these to Squid. This
> is different from port 80 on the server itself.

Pls try below rules.

#on the squidbox, Open squidport (3218) for LAN ips
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -d ipofsquidbox -p tcp -s ipofLANs/24
--dport 3128 -j ACCEPT

#Redirecting traffic destined to port 80 to port 3128
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

Hope to hear from you.

Happy squiding

--