Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 Setup Question - IP range with different outcredential accounts

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 02:17:42 +1200

tessel wrote:
> Ok, need some help and hopefully someone can help :) I have squid 3 setup
> with two outcredential accounts. Each account tcp out is set to a different
> IP, lets say 1.1.1.1 for outcredential1 and 1.1.1.2 for outcredential 2.
> Now the problem is, they both use the same IP src from my computer, lets say
> my computer IP is 123.123.123.123 So both out accounts use the same IP for
> src but tcp out to a different IP. This appears to cause some conflict.
> When I connect, no matter what login/password I use (out1 or out2) squid
> will always default me to one out account and its respective IP. It appears
> that I have to have each out account src set to a different IP. Is there
> anyway around it? Basically I need squid to look at my login/password and
> then decide what tcp out IP to give me, not my incoming/connecting IP from
> my computer.

Um, not quite sure I get what out mean by outcredential accounts and how
that relates to IP addressing or network interfaces.

But, to specify certain outbound IP use the tcp_outgoing_address options
in squid.conf. They are selected based on ACL, so most any detail can be
routed on.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/tcp_outgoing_address.html

Amos