[squid-users] cache_mem or let the kernel handle it?

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:18:45 +0200

Hi,
When going through mod_cache before finally coming back to squid, they
talk about the fact that it can actually be better to use a disk cache
than a mem cache. The reason being that the kernel caches files, and
does so very well... I have pumped up the cache_mem to 1GB and the
cache disk usage to 5GB, as I'm using a machine that is doing only
this (+ mod_jk), and has plenty of resources... I have to admit it
seems quite a bit faster than mod_cache was, though that is probably
just because I have the possibility to cache more (by being able to
use regexs for things I don't want cached very precisely...), but are
there any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Anton

--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc
This will help you for 99.9% of your problems ...