Re: [squid-users] debug_options reference

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:13:56 +0200

> "debug_options ALL,0 28,9" will run you through which ACL are being tested
> and which ones are matching/failing.
> Search the log output for an exact quote of the squid.conf line you want to
> check. "cache deny !mylist" etc.
>
> The ACL is definately not matching the file then. Do you mind saying what
> the ACL config line is exactly? and some details about this file?

Hmm, I still think it was good to find out where the values are
listed... but after changing the way it was done slightly it is now
working. And how it is working! Damn this is good software. Are
there any simple tutorials for this sort of thing? I've always found
the squid docs to be a little too technical and particularly for this
area, the docs are woefully lacking. There isn't any mention of
cache allow /blah
in there! And a simple tutorial on the acl way of thinking could let a
lot of noobs do really powerful stuff without bothering you guys... I
finally went with a combination of
cache deny !cachable_pages
and
cache deny non_cachable_pages
That allows only the pages I want AND gives me a second level of
filtering (for disallowing /.*jsessionid.* for example). It's
absolutely perfect! But I don't think I should have had to bother
anyone about this and searching google for quite a while led to no
useful results. If no one can point to a useful tuto I might just
write a little something...
Cheers
Anton

--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc
This will help you for 99.9% of your problems ...