[squid-users] Moving from windows to linux Port issues and OWA

From: Dan Holliday <dan_at_webshopstop.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:04:41 +0100

Hi There.

I really hope you can help, I've been bashing my head against a brick
wall for about 3 weeks now and can't seem to quite get squid doing what
I want. I know this seems like a long email but please read it all as
it will explain exactly where I have got to, and what I require.

This is what my setup is

I have one external ip address for example we'll say it's 123.345.0.1
I then have two internal servers, one windows 2003 server (192.168.0.1)
and one with Ubuntu 8.04 server (192.168.0.2). I currently run about 15
website on the windows server and I plan on migrating them over to
Ubuntu. However I have come across some problems while trying to set it
up in a fashion that will be useful to me.

This is what I want to do... all Internet request come in on
123.345.0.1:80, I've got squid setup (on my windows PC listening on port
80) as a reverse proxy which is almost working. I have it so if I go to
ubuntu.test.co.uk I see the page running with Apache on my Ubuntu server
at port 81. If I go to windows.test.co.uk I see the website running
with IIS on the windows server also at port 81.

Fantastic so far, this is exactly what I want... Now my problems start.

Problem 1

I currently run outlook webaccess, although I plan on moving over to
roundcube in the future. When I visit the OWA site webmail.test.co.uk it
looks as if it's going to work, it starts to load the frames, but then
falls over.... When I look at the source I see the line

<BASE href="http://webmail.test.co.uk:81/exchange/webmaster/>

Some how the port number 81 has got into the code and been sent back to
the client. This is doing my head in, I can't figure out how to get
round it.

Problem 2

I run logitech squeeze centre on my windows PC. This runs on port 9000
as it has it's own webserver, and on the ubuntu pc I run webmin which
runs on port 10000 as it also has it's own webserver. What I want to do
is configure squid so that if I browse to squeezebox.test.co.uk squid
goes to 192.168.0.1:9000 if I browse to webmin.test.co.uk squid goes to
192.168.0.2:1000 if I browse to windows.test.co.uk squid goes to
192.168.0.1:81 and if I browse to ubuntu.test.co.uk squid goes to
192.168.0.2:81, but all the time the client pc remains using port 80.

At the moment I can't get anywhere in solving my two problem... I've
tried all sorts of examples and read hundred of forums but just haven't
managed to get these two problems solved.

If anyone can help please do as I'm getting very frustrated, and I'm
sure it can't be that hard, I've probably just been searching under the
wrong keywords.

Thanks for reading all this, and hope you can help.

Regards

Dan