Re: [squid-users] Moving from windows to linux Port issues and OWA

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:40:30 +0200

On tis, 2008-06-10 at 23:04 +0100, Dan Holliday wrote:
> Problem 1
>
> I currently run outlook webaccess, although I plan on moving over to
> roundcube in the future. When I visit the OWA site webmail.test.co.uk it
> looks as if it's going to work, it starts to load the frames, but then
> falls over.... When I look at the source I see the line
>
> <BASE href="http://webmail.test.co.uk:81/exchange/webmaster/>

Yes. Exchange OWA needs the external port to be the same as the internal
port. The only exception is if using an SSL frontend then 443 may be
used externally even if 80 is used internally.

> Some how the port number 81 has got into the code and been sent back to
> the client. This is doing my head in, I can't figure out how to get
> round it.

You can't. But you can make Squid listen on port 81 as well, or change
Exchange to use port 80..

> Problem 2
>
> I run logitech squeeze centre on my windows PC. This runs on port 9000
> as it has it's own webserver, and on the ubuntu pc I run webmin which
> runs on port 10000 as it also has it's own webserver. What I want to do
> is configure squid so that if I browse to squeezebox.test.co.uk squid
> goes to 192.168.0.1:9000 if I browse to webmin.test.co.uk squid goes to
> 192.168.0.2:1000 if I browse to windows.test.co.uk squid goes to
> 192.168.0.1:81 and if I browse to ubuntu.test.co.uk squid goes to
> 192.168.0.2:81, but all the time the client pc remains using port 80.

Thats multipel cache_peer lines (one per web server port) and matching
cache_peer_access lines telling what may be sent to each.

But beware of the port problem mentioned above.. which depending on the
server may also be seen in the host component...

Remapping URLs to other URLs in the proxy is very likely to cause
problems. The best is if the requested URL can be forwarded as-is to the
selected server.

Note: You can select which server to forward to based on anything in the
URL, and I really mean anything. Doing it based on host name is the
simplest, but anything works.