Re: [squid-users] FW: How to improve integratin of LDAP authentication

From: Luis Claudio Botelho - Chefe de Tecnologia e Redes <lbotelho_at_fei.edu.br>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:34:49 -0300

Hi Peter again!

I have these two scenarios here: machines conected at the domain, and the
personal notebooks (from students and teachers - I work at an university).

The students gain access through wireless - but they have to authenticate.
On the other side, our machines doesn't need to authenticate to access the
Internet - the logon credential is accepted for Squid. It's totally
transparent to the user. All the access are registered in the Squid logs -
date/time/username/site...
And the only way we found to do this was integrating the Linux Server with
SAMBA. We have 1.500 workstations, and this is the only way to register user
access.

Hope it helps

Regards!

Luis - Brazil