[squid-users] Help with sarg usage

From: Richard Chapman <rchapman_at_aardvark.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:03:39 +0800

Hi

I have satrg installed and working - but have not found much
documentation other than the man pages - which are fairly brief.

Can anyone help me with these issues with sarg.

1) It appears to only use the current squid log by default - and the
documentation doesn't seem to tell me how I can get it to read several
squid log files.
2) When I first installed it - and told it to place reports in
/var/ww/html/sarg - I could browse the report fine as
http://192.168.0.201/sarg - but for some reason - I now get a
"Forbidden" error".
3) How do you access the reports at the default location: /var/www/sarg?
4) If I specify the "-t HH-HH" option to restrict the report to a time
range - it doesn't seem to behave as I would expect. I get far less
traffic reported than I would expect over the period. I can't find any
way to check that it is reporting all the relevant trafic.

Thanks

Richard.