Re: [squid-users] what can I help to make this swap.state corruption go away?

From: Michel \(M\) <michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:43:05 -0300 (BRT)

Adrian Chadd disse na ultima mensagem:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008, Michel (M) wrote:
>
>> also there are similar reports on bugzilla and the mailing lists and
>> without any pointing, may be certain problems are misunderstood or by
>> others or by me?
>
> I believe you; but noone's said anything else on the list as far as I
> can tell.
>
>> fact is that I can give almost life demonstrations of it but nobody
>> seems
>> to care
>
> Don't take inaction as "noone seems to care".

well, If it came wrong over then I am sorry, what is better, nobody does
something, nobody asks something? What I said is nothing personal and
still less any classification, it is simply a fact that this problem
persists long long time

> Heh. Even I'm playing with 200 gig caches at home; trying to build a
> 24-drive
> 600 gig cache; is that big enough?

it is not the cache_size what matters, a big cache has N numbers of access
and that is what matters, cache_size is second factor only

also, what appearently is not seen, that I am running transparent GWs and
not standalone proxies, so the ALL http requestes of the entire network
connected to it are hammered into squids listen port independend of user
settings

this problem is NOT beeing triggered by some test requests on a lab machine

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.