Re: [squid-users] what can I help to make this swap.state corruption go away?

From: Michel \(M\) <michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:52:05 -0300 (BRT)

Adrian Chadd disse na ultima mensagem:
> And the fact that the bulk of current Squid development is being
> done disconnected to people like who you run Squid in production
> should be a teeling sign as to -why- things aren't happening
> how you'd like.

not sure if I understand this? What do you mean by beeing done
disconnected to people>?

> The fact is this - the most active Squid contributors and developers
> are not employed by a company with large Squid deployments, so the
> issues being addressed by the current set of Squid developers aren't
> the same as those seen by companies such as yourself.
>
> Its an open source community project - the idea is that enough -users-
> (commercial or otherwise) help develop and improve the software as a
> whole.
> This hasn't really been happening with the Squid project for a number
> of years.
>
> So, patches gladly accepted, or wait until it tickles my or someone elses
> fancy (and I have some time, which won't be until late July), or talk to
> someone about a commercial relationship. Or hire an admin with a coding
> interest and see if they'll fix it and contribute back the fix.

am I getting this right? have to pay or nothing will be done is what you
try to say here?

whatever ... I think that my problem, my explanations and willingness to
have a possible solutions being tested are perfectly contributions as the
problem report itself already is and as anything else as even
participating here and using squid IS a contribution. So I would say this
lecture was kind out of line here ...

on the other hand there is no reason to get sensitive here because when
you do a public project then it IS public and necessarily you have to hear
what is wrong also and not only swallowing the credits, if you can not
stand it then you need to hear what developers usually say to the users
when things get hot: echo "you are free to use another project" | sed -e
's/use/develope for/'

but thank's for your time to clear this up

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.