Re: [squid-users] Squid on steroids

From: <ffredrixson_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 01:44:57 +0000

50,000 customers total.

We're looking at LVS using keepalived for load balancing at the front-end.

I'm most interested in the squid back-end setup. Should we look at something linux based clustering? Or should we be looking at some internal squid process?

Could we run multiple squid processes on multi-processor servers? Is that wise? Or should we look at more servers rather than multiple squid processes on one server?

How much memory for each server? I've seen some talk here about oprofile. We plan on checking that out to see where things are. I have no problem in setting up a test environment and reporting the results back here. I'd just like to start out on the right track.

I do believe in giving back to the community with information we'll learn through this process.

Thank you for your comments and thoughts thus far.

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com>