Re: [squid-users] Where are the ircache.net cgi for creating graphs?

From: Richard Hubbell <richard_hubbe11_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 6/13/08, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Where are the ircache.net cgi for creating graphs?
> To: richard_hubbe11_at_yahoo.com
> Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Date: Friday, June 13, 2008, 3:54 PM
> On fre, 2008-06-13 at 14:53 -0700, Richard Hubbell wrote:
> > Hello squid world,
> >
> > I was looking for the scripts that create the graphs
> on ircache.net, I found everything but the cgi scripts.
> Does anyone know where to get them?
> >
> > Or maybe there's another package that's
> preferred to make use of RRD for Squid?
>
> I have a small script at
> http://www.henriknordstrom.net/code/
>
> There is also Squid packages to most of the system
> monitoring tools
>
> munin
> cacti
> monit
> Ganglia
> nagios
> Zenoss
>
> Any other SNMP capable monitoring tools is also able to
> graph Squid
> without too much effort
>
> Zabbix
>

> The above is just a small collection, there is plenty of
> these tools
> around..
>

> My experience after making the script mentioned above is
> that you are
> most likely better off using a real monitoring package than
> something
> special tailored just for Squid.

In general I agree. But in this case I wanted something quick and just for squid. And I didn't want to use cgi, just want something that runs out of cron. I'm just trying to understand Squid and what it's doing.

Have looked at mod_*cache and now looking at Squid. My main goal is to conserve bandwidth.

Thank you Henrik for your help.