Re: [squid-users] Squid Block by file extension is not working.

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:26:52 +0200

On 24.06.08 13:09, Tuhin Black wrote:
> I have configure my squid to block some file by extension to prevent
> downloading. example,
>
> acl BlockExt url_regex -i \.mp3$ \.asx$ \.wma$ \.wmv$ \.avi$ \.mpeg$
> http_access deny BlockExt all

this does not block files by extention. This only blocks some urls enging by
such extension.

> i have discovered user can download mp3 from some specific web site.

users only need to add ? at the end of filename and squid will miss...

http://some.site.com/file.mp3?

or whatever names...

> Did i mis configure my squid? Pls help.

You need real content filter to block such files.

"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]