Re: [squid-users] Failed to select source for ...assert failure...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:00:41 +0200

On tis, 2008-06-24 at 17:39 +0800, Roy M. wrote:
> In this case, if I am using squid as reverse proxy, should I ajust
>
> client_lifetime 10 minute
>
> So client behind their NAT can free up the connection as soon as possible?

No, it's the wrong directive for this. The idle timeout for connections
is persistent_request_timeout and defaults to 2 minutes.

If the persistent client connections is making a problem for you then
it's better to configure Squid with lots of filedescriptors..

client_lifetime sets an upper bound on how long an ACTIVE connection
will surive, just in case something go very wrong...