Re: [squid-users] Need help. Squid won't start

From: Nick Lehman <nicholas.squid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:08:25 -0500

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> On sön, 2008-06-29 at 10:15 -0500, Nick Lehman wrote:
>> I figured out what was happening. I ended up doing a chown to the
>> squid user on those files. Now I'm having another issue. None of the
>> sites that I have blacklists for under squidguard are being blocked.
>> I see the 4 processes running along side squid, but nothing is being
>> block. Even the expression filters in the squid config are being
>> ignored.
>
> Usually it's for the same reasons, permission issues. If SquidGuard
> detects a proble with it's configuration it enters passthru mode letting
> all requests pass..
>
> Check your cache.log, at around the time where Squid starts SquidGuard..
>
> And doublecheck that your cache_effective_user has read permission on
> the SquidGuard configuration data.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Still no luck. I checked everything (cache log doesn't get created)
and it's all accessible. the contents of the squidGuard directories
are owned by the squid user. I'm at a point now where I get "proxy
refusing connections" I notice that squid starts and then shortly
there after stops. Did a -X and it appears to have taken the config.
I'm out of ideas.