Re: [squid-users] Need help. Squid won't start

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:13:10 +0200

On sön, 2008-07-06 at 09:33 -0500, Nick Lehman wrote:
> is that. So, I'm thinking that the config in squid is correct, but
> something may be wrong with the squidGuard config. Am I barking up
> the wrong tree here?

That's the usual situation when seeing this.

And almost always there is some message in cache.log from squidguard
telling what is wrong..

Trying to start squidguard manually as your cache_effective_user is also
a very good test. Just log in as your cache_effective_user (using sudo
or su) and try to run the url_rewrite_program command line from the
shell. It should start without any warnings or errors.