[squid-users] Squid 2.7 access log and url_rewrite_program

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:47:32 -0400

Hi,

I've noticed that squid 2.7STABLE3 logs incoming URLs differently than
2.6 did when using a url_rewrite_program. It appears that under 2.6,
the URL logged was pre-rewrite, under 2.7 it's the URL returned by the
rewriter. This presents problems as I have the potential for a large
number of incoming URL hostnames being rewritten to the same origin
hostname, and with the current 2.7 logging I can't tell what the
incoming hostnames were.

Was this an expected change? If so, can I have the old behavior back? :)

-C