[squid-users] helperOpenServers: "-s is not supported on this resolver"

From: Rhino <rhino_at_machlink.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:30:36 -0500

Running squid-2.7.STABLE1-20080528 on Debian linux 2.6.19.7 kernel
using wccp2 and iptables for transparency.
Squid was configured with --disable-internal-dns and have "dns_children
96" "dns_defnames off" and "dns_nameservers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in my squid.conf file.
Put into production approx. 2 weeks ago, approx. 10k customers are
browsing transparently without any complaints of latency, and we're
seeing a measurable incoming bandwidth savings on our ISP links - so
things seem to be performing well.
Question concerns the cache.log entries I see when starting squid -
immediately following "helperOpenServers: Starting 96 'dnsserver'
processes" I get several log lines which read "-s is not supported on
this resolver". Where would this flag be set, and how do I modify the
startup config to avoid the error?
Sure it's something simple, but I'm not finding it.
Appreciate your help.
.
-Ryan