[squid-users] Re: Re: Re: Re[squid-users] verse proxy to Sharepoint

From: afstcklnd <andrew.stickland_at_spirititconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

Not having a dig at you but I'm going round in circle here - has noone ever
done this successfully before?

Microsoft IAS is heavy, unwieldy and unfriendly so we chose to use Squid to
act as reverse proxy for limited remote access to various MS Sharepoint
sites (applications as they like to call them).

After a lot of reading, it seemed sensible to run on latest linux and squid
and use ntlm for authentication - it all points that way out there on the
net.

I then find that ntlm is not supported in 3.0 so built and earlier version
and now today, get the info that we shouldn't authenticate on squid anyway
as we should hand-off through to sharepoint servers.

Set this up and find that squid 2.7 does not support http 1.1 -
aggghhhhhhhhhh.

login=PASS does hand off to sharepoint OK - however, sharepoint returns
everything under http 1.1 with "objectmoved" - new target does not get
replaced with external url for the site so external access suddenly finds
itself pointing somewhere strange.

If I ever get this working, I might write a book and make a fortune :) or
maybe not because if people wanted it, someone would have written it
already.

Henrik, you seem to be the guru - what do you advise???