Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: Re: Re[squid-users] verse proxy to Sharepoint

From: Michael Alger <squid_at_mm.quex.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:48:38 +0800

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 04:31:40PM -0700, afstcklnd wrote:
> login=PASS does hand off to sharepoint OK - however, sharepoint
> returns everything under http 1.1 with "objectmoved" - new target
> does not get replaced with external url for the site so external
> access suddenly finds itself pointing somewhere strange.

What version of Sharepoint are you using? We're using squid as a
reverse proxy for anonymous-only MOSS 2007 sites (most editors are
internal and access it directly, external editors access Sharepoint
directly and authenticate with a client-side certificate). Since
Sharepoint uses the requested URL to identify the site, and always
produces links which specify the URL of the site as configured
within Sharepoint, you really need to make sure that your external
URL is configured within Sharepoint.

We mostly do this by extending the web application to an additional
IIS site. You can also manually configure Alternate Access Mappings
which may achieve the same effect.

Originally we did try just having the proxy translating URLs, but
since you also need to rewrite URLs in the content this becomes
quite problematic.