Re: [squid-users] FW: Problems with LDAP on Windows XP

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:30:30 -0400

I seem to remember having a similar problem when calling a URL
rewriter with command-line arguments; I solved it by having squid call
a shell script instead that had the actual rewriter + arguments on an
exec line. I later rewrote the helper app to read a config file in
lieu of command-line arguments.

If it's the same issue, see if you get a similar error when the line
is just

auth_param basic program "/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth"

(even though it won't work without the args...); if so, you may have
to make up a .bat file to launch your helper with the needed
arguments, and point squid to that instead.

-C