[squid-users] wccp and Cisco router identifier

From: Clemente Aguiar <ca-lists_at_madeiratecnopolo.pt>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:00:52 +0100

I am in the process of installing a "transparent" squid cache using wcpp
using a Cisco Router C2600 (IOS Version 12.2(46a))

Everything is working fine except there is something that I don't know
how to change.

The Cisco router identifier is the address that is used for GRE on the
router. Our router has two FastEthernet interfaces, each configured
with an IP, and the router chose one of the IPs at random as the Cisco
router identifier. How can that be changed? (i.e. how can I force
the Cisco router identifier to be a specific IP)

I searched in this list and somebody said to use a loopback interface on the Cisco,
that it would much more predictable as the wccpv2 routerid is then always loopback id.
How is this done?

Clemente