Re: [squid-users] wccp and Cisco router identifier

From: Michel <Michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:43:41 -0300 (BRT)

> I am in the process of installing a "transparent" squid cache using wcpp
> using a Cisco Router C2600 (IOS Version 12.2(46a))
>
> Everything is working fine except there is something that I don't know
> how to change.
>
> The Cisco router identifier is the address that is used for GRE on the
> router. Our router has two FastEthernet interfaces, each configured
> with an IP, and the router chose one of the IPs at random as the Cisco
> router identifier. How can that be changed? (i.e. how can I force
> the Cisco router identifier to be a specific IP)
>
> I searched in this list and somebody said to use a loopback interface on the
> Cisco,
> that it would much more predictable as the wccpv2 routerid is then always loopback
> id.
> How is this done?

you can use the int loopback command to create one or go into interface
configuration and use the loopback sub command

anyway, this might not be the right way, eventually better to configure in config
mode the wccp webcache and on THE interface you want to use you issue the ip wccp
redir command so the reply comes from this interface ip address

details I do not remember, since long time I didn't do it but you figure it out
right :)

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.