[squid-users] ftp error

From: <nrapp_at_firstfinancial.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:06:57 -0400

Hello,

Newbie here so please be gentle. I've googled for an answer with no luck.

I'm using squid 2.6/stable18.

I have a user trying to access a legit ftp site that is requesting a username
and password that is being blocked by squid. The stout of the error is below.

"ERROR

---
An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL:
ftp://ftp. xxx.xxx.xxx.com/
Squid sent the following FTP command:
PASS <yourpassword> and then received this reply
Login incorrect. Your cache administrator is xxx.xxx.xxx.
---
Generated Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:55:38 GMT by xxx.xxx.xxx (squid/2.6.STABLE18)"
Any help is greatly appreciated. If I remove the proxy from the users browser
the site appears as expected.
Thanks,