[squid-users] storeUpdateCopy: Aborted errors in 2.7

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:47:31 -0400

Hi,

We're testing a migration from 2.6 to 2.7, primarily to get the HTTP/
1.1 header in squid-to-origin requests in a reverse proxy environment.

Per our test plan, we migrated one of two servers sitting behind a
load balancer to 2.7STABLE3 with the patch for bug 2406 applied; that
bugfix appears to be working as expected (thanks henrik!)

The particular servers we're testing with are reverse-proxying a well-
known OSS mirror site, so the content load skews towards the large
side. The two servers are running identical configs save for the
http11 directive in the parent cache-peer statement on the 2.7 instance.

Getting to my point, we've been noticing the following errors on
syslog on the 2.7 instance. We've never seen this before 2.7, so I was
wondering what it means (I'm guessing it reports either a failure to
save a cacheable object to disk, or to update headers on an already
cached object?) and what the implications are.

Jul 21 22:42:35 cdce-lax011-082.lax011.internap.com squid[17880]:
storeUpdateCopy: Aborted at 65250
26 (0)
Jul 22 01:22:56 cdce-lax011-082.lax011.internap.com squid[17880]:
storeUpdateCopy: Aborted at 13516
18 (0)

Since we moved to 2.7 yesterday afternoon, this has shown up in the
syslog 9 times.

Can someone take a look and let me know if this is safe to ignore? I'd
be glad to run at a specific debug level if it will help.

Thanks,

-Chris