Re: [squid-users] storeUpdateCopy: Aborted errors in 2.7

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:14:17 +0200

On tis, 2008-07-22 at 09:47 -0400, Chris Woodfield wrote:
> Getting to my point, we've been noticing the following errors on
> syslog on the 2.7 instance. We've never seen this before 2.7, so I was
> wondering what it means (I'm guessing it reports either a failure to
> save a cacheable object to disk, or to update headers on an already
> cached object?) and what the implications are.
>
> Jul 21 22:42:35 cdce-lax011-082.lax011.internap.com squid[17880]:
> storeUpdateCopy: Aborted at 65250
> 26 (0)

It means that Squid revalidated a cached copy, and while updating the
on-disk object something went wrong with the original object.

The exact conditions causing this has not been identified yet.

> Can someone take a look and let me know if this is safe to ignore? I'd
> be glad to run at a specific debug level if it will help.

As far as I know it's safe to ignore.

If it annoys you then you can disable the update after cache validation
by setting "update_headers off" in squid.conf, reverting to how
Squid-2.6 behaved.. (which may cause a bit of trouble to clients as the