Re: [squid-users] Squid purge for zip files

From: Aravind J <aravindjp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:22:18 +0530 (IST)

Hi Amos,
Thanks a lot for your help . I used "ftp://test123@my.ftpsite.com/tools/patches/myfile.zip" URL because in squid log , I am seeing this
1216310397.416 9508 127.0.0.1 TCP_HIT/200 6500407 GET ftp://test123@my.ftpsite.com/tools/patches/myfile.zip - NONE/- application/zip .

that's the reason why I used the above url in PURGE . From web application. it's a POST request which is translated by web application to ftp request.

I am sorry that I didn't understand what you are referring by "others things like Vary: header needed also, but with FTP mid-squid translation of the protocol its anybodies guess" , could you please explain this .

Thanks & Regards
Aravind