Re: [squid-users] Squid purge for zip files

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 02:00:41 +1200

Aravind J wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> Thanks a lot for your help . I used "ftp://test123@my.ftpsite.com/tools/patches/myfile.zip" URL because in squid log , I am seeing this
> 1216310397.416 9508 127.0.0.1 TCP_HIT/200 6500407 GET ftp://test123@my.ftpsite.com/tools/patches/myfile.zip - NONE/- application/zip .
>
> that's the reason why I used the above url in PURGE . From web application. it's a POST request which is translated by web application to ftp request.
>
> I am sorry that I didn't understand what you are referring by "others things like Vary: header needed also, but with FTP mid-squid translation of the protocol its anybodies guess" , could you please explain this .

I know for HTTP object they have a Vary: and ETag: header which also
needs to match exactly on PURGE. Squid generates the HTTP headers for
FTP objects since they come from the FTP server without any. I don't
know offhand what squid adds that may prevent the PURGE. But its
something else to look into anyway.

Amos