Re: [squid-users] Problems with ICAP and parent-child configuration

From: daniele.piaggesi <daniele.piaggesi_at_pro-netics.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:21:41 +0200

> I think you can safely ignore this error message.

Yes but maybe I might have some problems to convince my customer to ignore
it! :)

> You should upgrade to newer squid3.0 version, a number of bugs has been
> fixed....

Ok I've done, I've upgradedo to squid 3.0 STABLE8, the latest stable on
the website and now...I have the same error and a different one more
annoying.

I have it only if I enable icap on my squid.conf:

FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

This error not seems blocker, but sometimes during the test navigation the
browser
tell me that it's not be able to contact the proxy. If I start squid
without icap, I haven't this problem.

I googled a little and a find two kind of answer: upgrade (mmm in my case
downgrade) or recompile in this way:

export CFLAGS="-s -DNUMTHREADS=24"
ulimit -n 4096

./configure --prefix=/opt/squid-2.5.STABLE5 --enable-linux-netfilter
--enable-async-io=24 --enable-underscores '--enable-removal-policies=lru
heap'
make -j3 all
make install

But it was tested on 2.5-STABLE5 version in 2004.

Anyone have seen this errors and have an idea?

Bye
Daniele