Re: [squid-users] digest_pw_auth

From: Karandeep Malik <karandeepmalik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:40:28 +0530

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Luis Enrique <enrique_at_banmet.cu> wrote:
> Hello I have problems implementing authentication digest in squid, I have
> created my passwd file with the tool apache2 htdigest, I have also created
> an user, and the squid.conf configure with: auth_param digest program
> /usr/lib/squid/digest_pw_auth =
> /etc/squid/passwd_digest
> auth_param digest realm Linux-Squid-Proxy
> auth_param digest children 5
> auth_param digest nonce_garbage_interval 5 minutes
> auth_param digest nonce_max_duration 30 minutes
> auth_param digest nonce_max_count 50
> then when identifying me against the proxy to navigate me it doesn't =
> recognize my password, I introduce it and it rejects it to me requesting =
> it to me again..again.. until giving me error .
> I have revised the permissions of thepasswd file and is ok, I need to =
> know that it lacks in the configuration of the authentication using this =
> method. my other question is if a similar tool exists to chpasswd that
> allows me =
> to my users in a future to change its keys or if you can use that same =
> one using authentication digest for that I have understood that that it =
> is used for the basic authentication and on the other hand if there is =
> also some tool to administer the users that it is not webmin, similar to =
> admuser.cgi. greetings excuse my English
> greetings from cuba

Hi Luis,

In order to help you, I would like to know more about:-
1) Your permissions( acl settings and http_access settings).
2) While creating the digest password, did you specify the same realm
"Linux-Squid-Proxy", which is mentioned in your settings ??
3) Did you try for any other access methods, for eg say basic auth ??
Was it working fine when basic auth was enabled ??

Thanks and Regards,
Karandeep Malik