[squid-users] squid proxy authentication - please help

From: Lee Carter <LeeC_at_aos5.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:18:29 -0500

All,

I'm fairly new to Squid proxy authentication and would like to know if
it can do what I need or if there is a better alternative out there..
I have searched the FAQ's as well and could not find what I am looking
for. What I need to do is the following:
We are using a Cisco SSL VPN Solution with the Single Sign On feature
enabled. What this does is records the UserID, Domain and Password of
users logging into the web VPN. Once that's recorded it sends those
credentials to any web servers that request logins in the format:

username_at_domain , password.

We need to authentication to a web based Oracle / Linux application that
requires the username format to be:

domain$username , password

Can we configure a squid proxy authentication server to set in the
middle of this request and simply re-format the username filed then send
it on to the oracle system?

If there is another solution out there that can do just this feature as
well that would be fine.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission (including any accompanying attachments) is intended solely for its authorized recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, or responsible for delivering some or all of this transmission to an intended recipient, be aware that any review, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please delete it from your system without copying it, and contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail, or by calling 913-307-2300, so that our address records can be corrected.

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.