[squid-users] Outbound Load-balancing

From: Ian Savoy <iansavoy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 22:01:02 -0400

I've been asked to configure a squid proxy for a small business. My
client wants me to configure squid on a server with a block of 5 IPs,
and do it in a way that outbound requests are, for lack of a better
term, load-balanced across the servers own IP block. I guess kind of
anonymizing which IP the requests are coming from. Is there any way
of doing this? I know i can set certain protocols to go out certain
IPs, but how do I randomize it? If I can't randomize it, is there a
way to control it from the client without running several instances of
squid on the server?

Thanks in advance,

Ian