Re: [squid-users] RE: Re: Re: Re[squid-users] mote supervising

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:28:02 +1200

elsergio wrote:

> Hi Maciek,
>
> I have been taking a look on the Cacti and it seems to be to generate
> graphics and statistics. I was thinking about the possibility of having SNMP
> traps or similar on Squid. Any idea?

The MIB.txt can be found in the source code of squid, if you know how to
read a MIB and figure out the OID from that. I am not aware of any
documentation on the actual OID structure of squid (this is one of those
long-term projects that still need doing).

Each major release (2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8/HEAD, 3.0, 3.1/HEAD) may have big
differences in MIB structure. Just from new feature additions. So basing
it on the version you use is important.

Amos