[squid-users] Getting user details from remote users

From: Oliver Marshall <Oliver.Marshall_at_g2support.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:34:10 +0100

Hi,

If I were to run a squid server at a co-lo centre, which isn't connected
to our office via a vpn or anything else, is there some way we can get
the usernames of the users included in the logs so that we can still
create reports based on who is going where? Ideally I'd like some kind
of client software (this is for windows users) which would run on their
local machines and forward requests to the squid box. This would mean we
can get their usernames as well as allowing us to handle the Terminal
Services users correctly who all use the same server.

Olly

--
Important notice:
We have moved offices. Our new address is below.

signature database 3335 (20080807) __________
http://www.eset.com