Re: [squid-users] Adding Another HardDisk

From: Manoj_Rajkarnikar <manoj_at_vianet.com.np>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:19:59 +0545 (NPT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> It -should- just run the create command over each storedir and create
> missing ones; it might even create missing directories in each
> storedir.

We've done it many times both in 2.6 and 2.7 with mixed stores of aufs +
coss and it HAS behaved as described above (i.e. only creates missing
ones and not touch existing + add extra subdirectories if missing)

I do like the idea of using the dummy squid.conf for the -z operation to
minimize service outage...

> adrian
>
> 2008/8/6 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:
>> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>>
>>> The upgrade should go smoothly. A 2.6 ufs/aufs/diskd store should work
>>> fine in 2.7.

Also our upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 went smoothly. :)