[squid-users] geoblock

From: Stephen Ryan <stephen.ryan_at_corp.aol.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:42:14 +0100

Hi,

 I was hoping to use my squid proxy to watch some live streaming video
on the web. Imagine my dismay when I access the stream and found I was
'geo-blocked' :) . Somehow the streaming site site realises my PC is
remote, even though my squid proxy is local to the streaming site.

Is there a way to use squid to get around my geoblock problem? Would it
be something to do with SOCKS and anonymity? (some terms I picked up
from incessant googling)

Thanks!
Stephen.