Re: [squid-users] geoblock

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:36:31 -0300

Stephen Ryan escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I was hoping to use my squid proxy to watch some live streaming video
> on the web. Imagine my dismay when I access the stream and found I was
> 'geo-blocked' :) . Somehow the streaming site site realises my PC is
> remote, even though my squid proxy is local to the streaming site.
>
> Is there a way to use squid to get around my geoblock problem? Would
> it be something to do with SOCKS and anonymity? (some terms I picked
> up from incessant googling)

    if remote site detected your 'real' ip address, then you probably
should look:

# TAG: forwarded_for on|off
# If set, Squid will include your system's IP address or name
# in the HTTP requests it forwards.
#Default:
# forwarded_for on

    in your squid.conf. Setting it to off will make squid stop sending
your real ip address.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues