[squid-users] Generating Squid hash

From: John =\) <jrederz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:24:49 +0000

Hi, this probably seems like a trivial question, but I have not been able to find any help in the mail archive.

How is the hash value used to index the object in the cache generated please? My intentions are to be able to manually introduce new items to the cache and update the logs accordingly.

I have tried md5 hashing the http method + URL of current cache items, but the hash value does not match :( what format is it supposed to be done as... 'GET http://www.myurl.com' ?

Thanks in advance,

John Redford.
Win a voice over part with Kung Fu Panda & Live Search   and   100’s of Kung Fu Panda prizes to win with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571439/direct/01/