Re: [squid-users] external_acl children...

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

> Generally one should use the concurrency=
> children=when making your own helper. You only need
> a lot of children if your helper may block for extended periods of time
> for example performing DNS lookups..

I just want to be sure that, in case of a traffic spike, there are no connections denied.
For now, I only use children=, but I guess I will have to learn to use pthread... ^_^

> > Also, what are the "negative lookups" of negative_ttl of external_acl_type?
> > First I thought they were the ERR results, but apparently not.
> It is.

Indeed, I forgot that I was always replying OK and using user= to say allowed or blocked, my bad...

> Not sure ttl=0 really is "no cache". It may well be cached for 0 seconds
> truncated downwards (integer math using whole seconds).. The point of
> the external acl interface is to get cacheability and request merging.
> If you don't want these then use the url rewriter interface.

If it is due to caching it is ok.
I was just trying to benchmark the helper impact on the reqs/s...
I might even put the cache up to 5 minutes.

Thx,
JD