Re: [squid-users] Purging cached web objects

From: <jmaan_at_nits.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

At this juncture I would like to know, is it customary thing fopr getiing
web objects dumped in the cache. And if nt removed in time can take whole
space of that partition ?

if so do let me know too, how to purge them by sensitivly choosing oonly
those unwanted objects ?

 Are they normally in the path /home/squid or any other defined path ?

This is important that the system administrator does all these
maintainenance jobs ?

In order to remove them, I think may be a script or a crontab command is
enough, justify please.

Thanks,

jmaan